Cinnamon water drink is simple and quick to make fat cutter drink using a cinnamon stick or cinnamon powder. This water is a wonder drink for those looking for drinks that aid in losing weight.
It is a very effective and widely known drink to reduce fat with a proper diet and regular workouts. Follow this diet drink for fantastic weight loss benefits.
About Cinnamon and Honey
We get different types of cinnamon…
Two types of Cinnamon:
- One is Ceylon cinnamon.
- The second type is Cassia cinnamon.
Ceylon cinnamon is the true cinnamon, and cassia cinnamon is known to be the fake kind of cinnamon.
What does cinnamon look like?
Cinnamon sticks appear brown and are of finger-size rolls. True cinnamon is the aromatic bark of a cinnamon tree and has many layers inside the roll.
Fake cinnamon has no layers inside the roll and is brown but does not give out any aroma or fragrance.
I am sharing a cinnamon drink that can help effectively with weight loss. Do follow it with the rest, such as diet and exercise.
Difference between two Cinnamon
- The true cinnamon, that is, Ceylon cinnamon, is natural and has lots of fragrance.
- Fake cinnamon is unreal cinnamon that is not suitable for cooking.
- True cinnamon is mainly suitable for cooking purposes. It is on the sweeter and tastier side, while fake cinnamon is slightly toxic and not suitable or beneficial for consumption purposes.
- True cinnamon has many layers and appears light in weight, very expensive, and aromatic with many health benefits.
- Fake cinnamon is heavier than true cinnamon, very cheap, not expensive, and abundant, whereas true cinnamon is not found in plenty worldwide.
- The conclusion is always to look for true cinnamon that tastes amazing and never opt for fake cinnamon, which is not suggested to be consumed.
Usage as spice
- Cinnamon is one of the best spices in the world, which is highly used in medicine as it has many medicinal properties and is suitable for consumption.
- Due to its remarkable medicinal properties, Cinnamon is also used in ayurvedic medicine.
- It is mainly used for cooking and is highly used in Indian cooking.
How is cinnamon used in cooking?
Cinnamon is used widely in Indian kitchens as it gives a great aroma to all the dishes, such as flavoured rice or curry recipes.
The cinnamon is added along with other spices during the tempering stage as they release all the essential flavors and give a great aroma to all the recipes.
Every special dish made takes cinnamon as a flavorful ingredient into the dish and lifts the flavor of the whole dish.
Not only rice and curries but cinnamon is mainly used in desserts such as cakes and rolls and is used as a topping on many sweet recipes.
How it is used for weight loss
- Cinnamon helps reduce hunger cravings and any food cravings by munching on a little bit of true cinnamon. Have it either in its complete form or water or in powdered form.
- Cinnamon is mainly known to control sugar levels and help deposit less fat inside the body, thus helping lose weight.
- Whenever we do have cravings to munch on something unhealthy stuff, then cinnamon comes into place.
- Having it often controls the cravings for unhealthy food and thus helps reduce the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Besides cinnamon, other spice such as cumin is also used for weight loss; check the post on cumin seeds water for more details.
Benefits of this spice
Cinnamon should always be consumed as it is a wonder spice that can cure many body-related issues.
Adding it to curries gives an aromatic flavor.
It is said to have lots of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
These help in reducing the formation of bacteria or any form of fungus inside the body.
Cinnamon has been a known spice for ages and is effectively used for weight loss issues.
It is said to improve digestion, heartburn, and gastric problems in human beings.
This spice also reduces cancer risk as it has anti-carcinogenic properties.
It is mainly said to reduce blood sugar and cholesterol levels in our bodies.
Check out other weight loss drinks on the blog, such as ginger tea for cold, cumin water, apple cider vinegar weight loss recipe, lemon water for weight loss, cucumber juice, lauki ka juice, karela juice, how to make aloe vera juice, etc.
It should be used in very small quantities, and having it in more quantities than recommended might cause adverse effects on the body.
Do not use more than a teaspoon of it per day. Take in the form of powder or just use a few sticks, such as 2 to 3 per day, if used in another form, such as in a drink.
How to drink this water to lose weight
- Drink cinnamon-infused water every day on an empty stomach or before breakfast.
- Following during specific timings helps in reducing blood sugar levels and harmful cholesterol levels and also helps in suppressing cravings.
- It helps suppress the appetite to a certain extent, thus avoiding overeating and gaining weight.
- It can also be used between meals by making a cinnamon-infused drink or by mixing some powder in warm water and having it regularly.
- The drink is very simple to make, and the recipe to make cinnamon water is shared below.
After trying out this drink with my viewers, I hope to receive good results.
Check out the recipe below to make cinnamon water, and hopefully, it can bring a change in the lives of those looking out to lose some belly fat or other body fat.
- Firstly, take a saucepan, and add water to the pan.
- Add cinnamon sticks. Add 1 or 2 and not many sticks to avoid very strong flavors.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
- Let the cinnamon flavor seep into the water thoroughly.
- When the water appears brownish-red in color, switch off the flame.
- Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
- Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
- Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
- Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
Cinnamon lemon water
If you want to make a drink using lemon in this water, then add a teaspoon of lemon extracted juice to the cinnamon water and make it.
This way of having the drink is more healthy and is a good detox weight loss drink by enhancing the flavors with lemon and honey to the cinnamon steeped water.
Another recipe on the blog with lemon in it is lemon cucumber water, a detox recipe.
cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
A quick weight loss drink that works well for losing body as well as belly fat….
- 1 glass water
- 2 medium size cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Firstly, take a sauce pan.
Add water into the pan, add cinnamon sticks.
Bring the water to a boil.
Reduce the flame and simmer it for 5-10 minutes.
Let the cinnamon flavor seep into the water completely.
When the water appears brownish red in color switch off the flame.
Allow the water to cool down and let it turn lukewarm.
Take a glass and strain the lukewarm water into the glass.
Add a teaspoon of honey into the glass and stir it well.
Drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning or between meals.
Gives better results if consumed frequently.
Check out the video procedure below.
- Cinnamon powder too can be used in place of cinnamon sticks.
- Adding honey is optional, but it tastes even more better with honey added.
- Follow this weight loss drink often and see amazing results.
cinnamon water, cinnamon for weight loss drink
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Yes, cinnamon powder, too, can be added to lukewarm water and consumed.
The best time to have it is to consume half an hour before breakfast, which can also be consumed before bed.
Yes, it aids in losing weight, but there should also be another critical list of things that need to be followed, such as workouts, etc., to promote weight loss.
It is said to reduce the cholesterol levels in our body as well as help in reducing the blood sugar levels, but it is highly advised to seek a doctor’s help before using it for ailments.
NOTE: The information shared here is general, but one should always consult a physician before deciding to follow the drink regularly.
The information provided in this article is only for general purposes and is not given by any medical practitioner… Please follow the doctor’s advice before following any weight loss drink.
Do not attempt these sorts of drinks during pregnancy as they may cause adverse effects during that phase.