Jeera water or cumin water is an excellent drink recipe to take any time of the day, and it’s a very healthy drink that can cure many problems apart from weight loss issues.
It can be effective not only for weight loss but is proven to help with digestion which is a common problem in adults, and this recipe can serve the purpose to an extent.
Jeera or cumin seeds appear as tiny, thin, small brown color seeds like, which is a highly used ingredient in Indian Kitchens.
Most Indian recipes are incomplete without using this ingredient. Cumin or cumin powder is used in almost all indian pickles, and pickles are incomplete without this main ingredient.
Also, check out many other homemade drinks to lose weight fast to start a healthy lifestyle.
How to lose weight with Jeera
Most of us have weight issues, and most of us are conscious about how we look, and we try to adopt many methods that work wonders in weight loss.
Before going ahead, check out some more related drinks, such as apple cider vinegar for weight loss recipe.
- Doing regular exercise is a good habit.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet.
- Working out regularly.
- Cutting down oily food and fat-causing substances.
- Including a balanced diet and avoiding heavy and junk food.
- All these methods work wonders but remember never to stop following these habits after a certain point.
- The result of stopping these things can cause the body to double up in weight if these methods discontinue.
- Along with these, some substances help reduce weight to an extent, such as cumin, ajwain, ginger, honey, lemon water, etc…
- These substances are warm to our bodies and help burn calories if used on an empty stomach.
Who should follow these remedies?
They work depending on the body’s condition as these are simple home remedies; one must remember they solve the problem to a small extent, such as by making the tummy flat or reducing 1 or 2 kgs in two to three months.
These cannot solve the problem of obese personalities as these are essential homemade remedies that can work on minute weight issues.
Care should be taken before following these tips for weight loss as these may cause adverse effects if the body is not suitable such as pregnant women, and also if suffering from health-related issues or any allergies.
Never follow these tips unless recommended by a doctor, and follow only with the doctor’s suggestion. A healthy person with no issues can go for these methods.
How is cumin used in other ways?
- Cumin or Jeera in India is used mainly in stir-frying veggies and many healthy drinks. It is used in the form of whole spice or tempering, or powdered form. It is mainly used in buttermilk to help improve digestion.
- This ingredient is sometimes used as a whole or in powdered form in most Indian recipes, as it has an aromatic flavor and improves the body’s digestion process.
I have posted an article on how to make jeera powder, or it can be called cumin powder which is used in all the dal recipes, rice recipes, and many more Indian Recipes.
It is one of the best aromatic spices in Indian curries and dishes. It is not only just an aromatic spice, but it gives an excellent taste to the dishes and has many medicinal values…
Use cumin in various drinks and use it for better digestion. Here jeera water is a simple two-ingredient drink that is quite popular as a weight loss drink.
Cumin water benefits
1. Jeera water prevents acidity.
2. It helps in improving memory power.
3. It helps in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
4. It prevents aging and keeps our skin fresh and hydrated.
5. It helps in losing weight.
6. It helps in treating diarrhea.
7. It helps in keeping hair healthy and prevents dandruff.
8. Cumin water prevents cancer and improves sugar levels.
9. It is also an excellent source of iron and helps strengthen our immune system.
10. It also helps in improving metabolism.
Cumin can be consumed with cumin and honey, or one can drink it with lemon and cumin.
All these are good weight loss remedies, but too much consumption may affect your health.
It is better to consult the doctor before using any such drinks on a regular day-to-day basis.
Below are the recipe guidelines on how to make this simple and easy weight loss recipe that keeps you fresh, energetic, and light all day.
- Add a glass of water and cumin seeds or jeera in a saucepan.
- Put the flame on sim and allow the cumin seeds flavor to absorb into the water for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the drink. If the drink is too hot, allow it to attain a lukewarm state or warm enough to consume it.
- Add 1 teaspoon honey. It is better to add more flavor and cut down the cumin flavor. Also, honey aids in losing weight only if it is natural and organic, which is 100% pure.
- If honey is not pure, it is better to skip the ingredient as it would not benefit.
- Add a few lemon drops. Skip if you do not have a lemon. But adding all these ingredients helps detoxify the tummy and cleanse well.
- Serve or consume lukewarm and watch the video recipe below for a cumin drink to lose weight…
These tips or remedies show the results in 2 to 3 months if followed weekly thrice or alternate days on an empty stomach.
Also, follow a balanced diet and avoid cutting down on junk food, oily food, chocolates, sweet substances, carbohydrates such as rice, etc…
Include oats, roti, jowar, drinking lots of water, vegetables, and fruits along with these tips, which could give good results.
This Jeera water drink is quite simple to make and is a 5-minute recipe. Cumin or jeera is a widespread Indian spice used in many Indian recipes.
Check out some more weight loss drinks such as tulsi tea, ajwain water for weight loss, ginger water for weight loss, etc., and also other healthy drinks like beetroot juice, dates milkshake, amla juice, aloe vera juice, etc…
It does not cause any constipation, and in fact, cumin seeds are good for digestion. I highly suggest using this spice in Indian cooking, mainly in every curry dish, as it is good for health.
Yes, the seeds are an excellent remedy to treat many body-related issues, promoting good digestion and nausea-related issues. It is also an excellent remedy for bloating issues too.
Just take some seeds and have them directly, which is beneficial for the human body in a good way.
Just consume it empty stomach and make it in several other ways apart from the method mentioned here.
Just soak some seeds in a glass of water overnight and consume the drink on an empty stomach. Following this can help not only with good bowel movements but also with digestive issues.
Do not use it in excess as this can lead to heartburn, and also do not follow these drinks with health issues or during pregnancies.
Yes, but the result can be good only if the cumin seeds infuse well in the water, and this is possible by soaking the seeds overnight in water. For best results, use warm water.
Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss | Cumin Water
A popular Indian drink for losing fat in our body made using cumin water and honey.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 teaspoon honey
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a sauce pan, add water and cumin seeds.
Bring the water to a boil.
Put the flame on sim and allow the cumin seeds flavor to be absorbed into the water for about 5 minutes.
Switch off the flame.
Strain the boiled jeera water.
Discard the jeera seeds.
Add the strained water into a glass.
Add honey and stir well.
Add few drops of lemon and stir well.
Consume it on an empty stomach or after meals.
Watch the video procedure below.
- Few lemon drops too can be added to the jeera water and consumed.
- Powdered cumin can be used in chaas/buttermilk or any drink to improve digestion.
- Skip adding honey if plain jeera water is preferred.
Jeera Water Recipe For Weight Loss | Cumin Water
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.