Macaroni Pasta is a masala packed meal made by tempering veggies with spice powders and finally sauteed with cooked macaroni & seasoned with spices. Macaroni Pasta Recipe is presented here with step by step pictures and video.
Macaroni Pasta is an Indo-Italian fusion dish ideal for get together & parties as an add-on dish in a grand menu. Macaroni Pasta is an assortment of taste which is a must try at home.
About Macaroni Pasta
Macaroni is a variety of pasta used for many dishes. However you can substitue this recipe with other pasta varieties like penne, fussili, rigatoni etc. It is used to make pasta, kheer, salads etc.
Macaroni is a dry pasta variety which is more like a curved tube. The curved tube variety is elbow macaroni which I have used here and ther other variety is a narrow tube. But the most common variety available here is the elbow macaroni.
I always love to include indian flavours in pasta and this curried Macaroni Pasta is one of my family favorites. It is a basic onion tomato based curry made and blended with cooked pasta. This recipe is medium spicy hence suitable for kids too.
I have not used cheese or cream to make it creamy and rich but if you wish you can add it, kindly check my variations section for it. I have used just our basic Indian spices like red chili powder and garam masala powder along with mixed herbs.
I used my dutch oven to make this pasta. You can use any heavy bottom pan to make this pasta. Serve it hot!
Macaroni Pasta Video
Macaroni Pasta Ingredients
- Macaroni Pasta – Macaroni Pasta variety is preferred for this recipe however you can use any pasta variety for this dish.
- Vegetables – I have used onion, tomato, capsicum and carrots. Additionally you can add mushrooms, cooked corn, baby corn or any other veggies of your choice.
- Spices & Herbs – Indian spice powders like red chilli powder, garam masala powders are used. Additionally mixed herbs and coriander leaves are used.
Tasty Macaroni Pasta
- First of all, cook pasta perfectly. It shouldn’t become mushy or cooked aldente as I recommend pasta to be cooked soft for most recipes to avoid digestion problems.
- Adding pasta cooked water helps in avoiding pasta from becoming dry.
- Add more colorful vegetables to make Macaroni Pasta more colorful and tasty.
- You need no additional garnish if the blended masala curry is tasty. I don’t even add cheese for garnish and still the kids love it a lot.
- You can even add a pinch of curry masala powder for extra flavour. If you have maggi masala powder you can add that too.
- This Macaroni Pasta should be moist and juicy and not dry so adjust the consistency accordingly.
Macaroni Pasta Recipe Step by Step
1.Bring 4 cups water to boil in a large pot. Get ready with all other ingredients.
2.When water starts to boil add 1 teaspoon oil along with salt. Let it boil.
3.Add 1 heaped cup macaroni pasta variety.
4.Give a quick mix.
5.Cook until fork tender. It may take 5-6 mins depending upon the pasta variety and size. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooked water for later use.
6.Drain water and Set aside.
7.Rinse it with cold water to prevent further cooking.
8.Heat oil in a pan – add 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/2 teaspoon ginger chopped finely. Saute for a minute until golden.
9.Then add 1/2 cup onion finely chopped along with salt.
10.Saute till transparent and golden.
11.Add 1 cup tomatoes(2 medium sized), 1/4 cup capsicum, 2 tablespoon carrots finely chopped.
12.Saute till tomatoes turn mushy and raw smell leaves.
13.Cook covered for few mins or until the veggies turn slightly soft.
14.Add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder and 1 teaspoon mixed herbs.
15.Give a quick saute.
16.Add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce along with 1/2 cup pasta cooked water.
17.Give a quick mix and let the sauce boil for a minute.
18.Finally add cooked pasta.
19.Toss well until the masalas are well coated.
20.Add 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves. The pasta should not be dry.
21.Give a quick mix and switch off.
Hot Macaroni Pasta ready!
- Always reserve pasta cooked water and add it to the curry before adding pasta. THis helps in thickening the sauce and also avoids pasta from drying.
- If the pasta is not cooked soft then it will not absorb the masalas fully so make sure to cook pasta perfectly.
- Make sure the spices are more as it will perfect after adding and mixing the pasta.
- You can add 2 tablespoon cheese for garnish. You can either use Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese.
- Add 3 tablespoon mayonnaise to the sauce to make it more creamy.
Storing & Serving Suggestion
- Serve it as such hot or serve it along with a toast of bread.
- I would recommend to consume it fresh. Incase you want to store, make the sauce seperately store in fridge then mix it with pasta while serving.
1.What is Macaroni Pasta?
Macaroni Pasta is a indian style masala pasta made using the elbow macaroni pasta variety. It is a delicious alternate to white sauce or any rich pasta dishes.
2.I don’t get Macaroni Pasta variety?
You can use this recipe with other pasta varieties like penne, fussili, rigatoni etc if you do not get macaroni pasta variety.
3.Can I bake Macaroni Pasta?
Yes you can bake it. First Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10 mins. Mix the cooked macaroni pasta with the sauce and mix it well. Then spread it on a baking tray, garnish with cheese and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 mins until the cheese melts and bubbling.
Tried this Macaroni Recipe ? Do let me know how you liked it. Also tag us on Instagram @sharmispassions and hash tag it on #sharmispassions.
📖 Recipe Card
Macaroni Pasta is a masala packed meal made by tempering veggies with spice powders and finally sauteed with cooked macaroni & seasoned with spices. Macaroni Pasta is an Indo-Italian fusion dish ideal forget together & parties as an add-on dish in a grand menu. Macaroni Pasta is an assortment of taste which is a must try at home. Macaroni Pasta Recipe is presented here with step by step pictures and video.
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon carrots
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce optional
- 1/2 cup pasta cooked water
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves
- salt to taste
Amount Per Serving (125 g)
Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 1400IU28%
Vitamin C 31mg38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.